Heres a couple of things that I've been working on. The tomatoes and pears are still hanging on, so maybe I can get one more touch up pass. I tried out a fan brush for the first time on the table cloth. I'd seen another artist using one and I thought "what the heck". I used it to tone down and unify the various value shifts that I used in delineating the tablecloth.
I've started to do grisaille figure paintings at my bi-monthly long pose group. Using one color and mineral spirits. I was inspired by some of the ones that I saw on the Studio Incamminatti web site. It's a lot harder than they make it look!
Finally, the poster and wipeout are for a new cast painting that I've started at the Grand Central Academy of Art. Theres a lot of intricate detail in the hair that's going to take me a while but I feel like I'm off to a good start with the poster study.
Tomatoes on the vine and a cucumber from my friends garden. Should be fun if it all stays fresh long enough. Right now they're sitting in the fridge. 11"x14" on stretched linen. Umber is drying too quickly. By the time I get to the table top I can barely wipe the paint off. I'll have to go back to mixing in some ivory black Like I used to do. The only problem with that is that the paint takes a little longer to dry. aargh! Maybe with the perishables on the next one I'll just transfer the drawing to a toned canvas ala Doug Flynt and just go for it. Better chance of nailing the fruit while the colors are prime.