Monday, May 25, 2009

Nancy Completed?


Well, I went back into the portrait yet again. I realize now that when you go back into a painting you can't piddle about; you have to paint it with as much conviction as if it was the first layer, and you can't be timid about painting over any previous layers. So, I'm pretty happy with it. I'm going to have to experiment with photographing it because this photo isn't doing it justice. For some reason I'm getting a grainy effect. I may have to try shooting it under low light daylight. I think I may stick with the Zorn palette (ivory black,yellow ochre, cad red light, and cremnitz white) for a few more portraits until I really get my forms and lighting under control. I'm working on a cast painting at GCA of a bust of a satyr so that'll help as well.

No comments: