Sunday, March 21, 2010

Exhibition







Here are some pics from an exhibit at the Smithtown Arts Council Mills Pond House gallery.(stacarts.org) The pictures are a little dark, I din't want to use a flash, but I thought it would be nice to show them framed and hanging on the wall. I asked my wife to pose in front of them to give a sense of scale. She was complaining and din't want to smile so I had to shoot quick, hence the blurryness. She thought that I should be the one posing but I didn't really feel like doing it either. I was going incognito. I didn't want anyone to know I was the artist so that I could hang out near the paintings and eavesdrop on peoples comments.(mostly good!)
I haven't been able to do much painting this week as I was going through a blackout. No power or heat from Saturday to mid day wednesday. I actually looked forward to going to work each morning just to get a chance to warm up. Everything's back to normal now and I am looking forward to getting back into the studio today and posting some new work pics.

No comments: