Saturday, June 26, 2010

Lion Complete


The final version, "Lion Cast on Table" oil on linen, 11"x14". I went in today not really knowing how long it was going to take me to do the table and background, but I was done by lunchtime. I'm very happy with the way this one turned out. This is my last cast painting at Grand Central Academy of Art. Thanks to my instructor, Nick Hiltner, who's seen me go from pencil casts to painting casts, every Saturday, over the past two and a half years. He's a great instructor and I couldn't have pulled off a painting like this without his guidance. I'm proud of the fact that as far as I know I'm the only one to tackle this particular cast and it was a good one to finish with. Next part time class in September I'm moving from objects to humans, yeah baby!

No comments: