Friday, July 15, 2011

Pochades, etc;








I went out this morning to do a couple of quick landscape paintings on 8"x10" panels. I'm teaching a landscape workshop next week and i told the students to only buy four colors, alizarin crimson, cadmium yellow light, ultramarine blue, and white. Since they were beginning students I thought I would keep the palette simple. Only problem is that I'd never painted with that limited of a palette myself, so I thought I'd better give it a try. I was very happy with the results. The camera is just not working for me anymore I got to come up with a better system. The lemon painting also isn't photographing accurately for some reason, but it gives the general idea. It's a good idea, I think, every once in a while to paint a little looser once in a while. There are things to be learned on the cuff, so to speak, that I won't pick up with my more finished methods.




No comments: