Monday, February 16, 2009

Nancy Looking Down


Started a new portrait of my wife looking down, as if reading a book. I actually asked her to read while posing but it turns out she can't without her glasses, and I didn't want to include them. I used vine charcoal directly on the canvas and then I shaved the drawing down using a hard synthetic bright. Tomorrow I will do a poster and begin a colored ebauche. I'm going to try a limited "Zorn" palette of Cad red light, white, black and yellow ochre. I'm going to shoot for making a pretty detailed ebauche, as I've been inspired by the work of Tony Ryder. My wife didn't really want to pose again but she couldn't say no because tomorrow's my birthday. I'm going to try and get it pretty well finished before I go back to work on Monday.

No comments: