Monday, June 29, 2009

More "Eggs" and "Satyr"




Finishing up on "Spicy Eggs", will probably need a few last touches. I'll probably want to subdue the right side of the table a little more. I'm pushing the detail a little more than I usually do on small 8"x10"s, no reason, just felt like it. The cast painting is my fourth one at Grand Central Academy of Art. I'm on a summer break until September, so I won't be able to finish it until then. I'm having a lot of fun with this one and I'm looking forward to completing it, the only problem is that they're redoing the lighting system so I may have trouble getting the exact same lighting. I figure that I've got enough done on it that I'll be able to wing it. Most of the top of the head that's left will be compressed light values.Next term I'll be doing cast painting in the morning and figure drawing/painting in the afternoon. That's going to be a long day, but well worth it.

No comments: